Sunday 1 January 2012

First Post and Happy New Year

It's New Year's Day and I can't think of a better day to start a wardrobe and fashion blog showing outfits I put together or in some cases just threw on. I'm an artist and an entertainer so I don't exactly dress like the latest mannequin at Macy's. I'm interested in fashion but not ruled by it. Most of the time I laugh at it, but I still have to get dressed and go on with my day right?
I'm also not slender.  That ship sailed about 30 years ago. Now I'm more about doing the best I can with what I have. So if fat old women scare you, best to be moving along.






 This outfit represents my love for color and pattern. The scarf is a recent find at a local shop called J's Fashion or something in Buena Park, CA. The skirt is from Walmart. This year I do need to buy new shoes.  I'm down to the shoes I'm wearing in the photo, and my flip-flops. I hate buying shoes though because I have wide feet and I really don't want to spend more than $20 a pair. So I usually get shoes at Payless Shoe Source. The sequin belt is actually two belts linked together. I found them at the .99 shop down the street. I hope to prove to you that you don't have to spend $300 or more per outfit to have something you like to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment